Summer of Creative Chemistry Week 3

I can tell I haven't used my Perfect pearls in a log time.  They've all hardened and dried out.  Once I took my pestle and mortar to them I managed this:



It started with doing wrinkle free distress using Ripe Persimmon, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserve, and adding Powder to that.  the First time i used Sunshine Yellow, and picked it up on both Kraft and black card stock.  Sunshine yellow is really really bright, so I did it agin using Perfect Gold for a comparatively muted effect.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, so I used it to die cut a bunch of butterflies

The tag itself is the same colours on manilla, edged with Aged Mahogany.  I then used aged mahogany to stamp the peacock tail pattern stamp and covered that with bronze perfect pearl.  Its not come out to well, as the wicking wasn't very obvious.  I edged the butterflies with Aged Mahogany, and added them to the tag with a technique known as pile them all on.  To balance it out, i just added a random sentiment in black embossing powder.  The ribbon were dyed using the same colours, and I used perfect pearl powder mixed with water to blend the inks on the ribbon.  Its hard to see, but there's quite a lot of pearlized water marks on the ribbon, which I like.

Comments

Popular Posts