Lemon & Lime for Lavinia - Process

The April theme for the Lavinia Crafts challenge was Lemon and Lime.    This led to much scratching of head as I knew I could do something, but just wasn't sure how.

I started off with a fairly straightforward ink dusted background, using Squeezed Lemonade, Citrus and Meadow inks.  But when I added the stamps, they kind of looked runny on the Inkylicious silk card:



So I decided to do something different.  I thought I'd go with white heat embossing, and use my new gelatos to do the background.  When I went to wipe of the resist, at first the Silk Card went streaky and didn't really wipe clean



 So I wiped a little harder, and all the colour came off entirely :(






But I liked the effect of the white embossing so I switched from silky card to a more absorbent mat card, and went back to the original background style.  This time I tried two colourways.

The one on the left is edged with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, and Believe is in Lime Twist Cosmic shimmer embossing powder.  The one on the right is edged with Crushed Olive distress ink and the Believe is stamped with Adirondack dye ink in Meadow





But something was missing.  Sparkle and glitter.  and I had some limeade coloured glitter too.

I tried more on the Meadow tag, and less on the Lime Twist one:



And then I had to leave it there.  I just don't have any fairy type embellishments, or even nature themed ones, that would set the tags off.  And I can't go shopping as I've spent all my craft money for the next six months at Ally Pally  :D

Comments

Popular Posts