Paper bag album Part 1.
I bought them
The first thing to do was remove the handles. Blasting them with the heat gun for 30 seconds melted the glue and allowed me to pull them away.
Then the binding. I made a hinge binding with a piece of 12 x12 card stock using 3/4 inch hinges with a half inch gap between.
I attached the bags with scor-tape then cut some greyboard for covers and painted the edges with chipped sapphire distress paint.
Then i went through the pad and picked put the pages i wanted and cut to size. All edges were sponged with distress ink in chipped sapphire to coordinate with the cover and the pieces that i chose for the outside covets were glued on.
For the spine I used some Claudine Hellmuth Canvas, with more chipped sapphire. The world stamp was from Stampi' Up! with gold Perfect Pearl. The flourish was also Stampin Up! and that was embossed. Which was the First Mistake. Caludine Hellmuths' canvas is self adhesive. Heat it, and all the glue melts, randomly, so you are left with something of a warped canvas
Then I had by usual pickle of how to attach the pages to the covers to the binding. I had to reverse cours a couple of times, but I think I have it figured now: canvas onto covers, then lquid clue onto spine of binding, then end papers over binding. Must remember that for next time.
Then the easy job of putting on the rest of the base papers for the pages. After about a total of 3 hours work I had something like this:
Then I just cut down the pages and matted them to the pages. They looked very pretty, but the weight of the pages, really warped the canvas spine. I think I should have used something to stiffen the spine, maybe a piece of chipboard . One to note for next time.
Having a look around my stash I found some Night of Navy card from Stampin Up, and made a tag/photo mat to fill the pages with.. The colour match was really good with Chipped Sapphire.