Snow And Sparkle - Process

Making my Snow and Sparkle entry was not straight forward.  I ended up with a lot of experimenting.

First I started off using Lavinia Stamps' Matt art card.  I used Ink dusters and Adirondack inks with an acetate mask to make the sun.



And after that, nothing went well.

I started with tumbled glass and ink dusters.  It went on but was grainy



Not liking it I took another piece of the Lavinia Stamps card and tried using the mini ink blending tool.

The ink was much more intense, and hard edges from the foam were almost impossible to avoid


Just to be sure, I continued to add hills.  The ink blender tool kept on adding hard edges:
Added to that, the pressure on the surface kept it pilling.  So I decided to abadon the ink blender.

Going back to pure ink dusters I added some hills and started on adding the trees from Lavinia Stamps


The graininess was worse, though it did give everything a misty effect.  I added some trees too, using Deep purple archival ink.  But I didn't like it.

About this time I remembered that I had some card from Inkylicious which would work better with the ink dusters.  So I pulled that out and started over.


Less grainy.  Still not brilliant, but I decided to run with it, and add some glitter glue in Clear Rock Candy.  Adding Distress Stickles to Distress Ink leads to a reaction which looked utterly terrible, so I covered it over with Distress rock candy glitter.

That was much better.  So I trimmed the tag down, edged it with Shaded Lavender Distress Ink and matted it to a custom cardbase, and Voila!


Comments

Popular Posts