More Adventures In Art Journaling

After pouring scorn on art journaling, I actually tried it, and now I take it all back and apologise profusely  (my first effort is here).

Now in a position where I'm free to craft, and having a lot of issues to work through, I've had another go.  I think I've got a new addiction coming on.

With all the changes in my life I've been reflecting on who/what I really am and what I really want from life.  My marriage wasn't a good one, and so I've got a lot of stuff to sort out in my head, and one thing I really wanted to do was

I don't really have any in-progress shots.  I just locked myself in the Shed and went at it.  But this is what I got to before I put the journaling on.



The background is the Tim Holtz Distress Paint marbling technique done onto a piece of Daler Rowney Acrylic cardstock (For acrylic paints, not made of acrylic).  I used Black Soot, Aged Mahogany, Dusty Concord (which is not as purple as its ink :( ), Milled Lavender and some Pewter to add a metallic hint.

Then I stamped and embossed the Visible Image fish net stamp I got at Hobby Crafts in November 2013.  I used the Crystal matte powder from ranger and then rubbed challk into it (Tim's Chalkboard technique) to highlight.  The Spider webs are actually Tim's Shattered Stencil, I put the embossing ink on the stencil and then used it as mono print to transfer the ink.  I embossed it in WOW Silver glint.

The Fluer-de-Lys are grungeboard embossed in Silver Metallic (aslo (WOW), and the trim is ribbon from my stash.  The title was cut from Graphic 45's An Erie Tale, with a mat made from some Stampin Up cardstock I can't recall the colour of.  (its a Regal, I know that)

I added some journaling, and then glued it to the first page I did.  The pages don't line up completely because one was cut from A4 and the other from US Letter size, so there's about n 1/8th of an inch gap, but I don't care.  I really enjoyed this, and I'm going to do another soon.


Comments

Popular Posts