My First art journal page

Back before I moved, having decided that art journaling actually isn't about producing the ugliest thing possible, I decided to have a go.  I had lots of new stuff from the NEC show and Creative Chemistry 102, so decided to use a lot of it to make a page.

First rather than use an art journal I decided to go with Shari Carrol's page at a time technique. So I cut a piece of manila card stock to 8.5 by 9.5 and scored at 5.5.  effectively creating an uneven page size.  then I got our my new stencils and the grunge paste.  I love it so much.   I added a bit too two corners and then just wiped the palette knife off in a third.





Once dry I used some matte multi medium to collage on some of the Tim Holtz tissue wrap


When that was dry,  I tore the over lapping bits off and sprayed it with some acrylic ink,  Distress reinker and a bottle of cosmic shimmer I had lying around.


Then I started on my thought. I wanted glitter to represent fun and paint for mess, so
I added distress glitter to some grunge board letters and just painted the word mess onto the page.  I propped it up to dry and noticed that the paint was running.  Liking that, I waited till it was dry, over painted with my distress paint and sprayed it with water so it really ran.





The last aspect was the phrase 'art'.  Using my new Silhouette I cut it from a scrap of gloss card I had done an Alcohol Ink monoprint on a little while ago.


 I glued it down and then got out my sharpies and doodled arrows and outlines round the 'art' and ;mess'.  the 'fun!' I outlined with a white paint pen.  Liking how it looked I outlined 'art' as well.


Almost done, I realised I needed to do something in the top right corner, to balance the rest of the page.  I thought about some Tim Holtz Adage Tickets, but realised that then would then make no sense with the 'pick any 3' statement.  I settled for highlighting the hexagons with paint.

The completed page:



Comments

Popular Posts