Creative Chemistry 102 - Day 4

Thursday was alcohol ink day.  First up was patina, which he's done videos on before.  I wanted to try it, but could not find my picket fence mixative which was very annoying.and I didn't have any tinsel to try tinting that.  But there were techniques that I loved:

Ombre:

Why hadn't I thought of this? its obvious and simple.  I tried with the purple twilight family first, but adding the blender solution seemed to change the colours.  I tried again with salmon, desert rose and red pepper, and it worked just fine.

Faded Layers:

I really liked this.  its like reverse stencilling.  Using the stencils and blending solution to lift colour.  Lots of fun.



Monoprint:


An oldie from the original Compendium, but one i've not tried yet.  Still not mastered it, as first attempt ended up very muddy, and the second I ran out of ink.  Third time is the charm I guess.

Comments

Popular Posts