Oyster Crafts

I don't have a friendly local craft shop.  The nearest ones are all about half hours drive away, and each has their strengths and weaknesses.

But one of my absolute favourites isn't local to me.  Its in Rochester.  Oyster Papercrafts is a store I found when I first started looking into digital cutters, as they were a Pazzle dealer, and I was (and still am) leaning towards a Pazzle (though Oyster has stopped supplying them.  I suspect the release of the Silhouette Cameo put a massive dent in demand).

I first encountered them at the NEC show, where they were demonstrating the Pazzle.  They were also doing some fairly stonking deals on crafting basics, such as Distress Inks and Nestability Dies.  And I thought that would be that, encounters at the craft shows, until my sister moved to Rochester.

I went down there on Saturday to have a poke around.  As usual they were very welcoming.  considering that it was chucking it down, and I was coming in with a double buggy for the twins and my eldest (3 years old), this is much appreciated.  Its hard enough leaving the house with three children.  Shopping with them is nigh on impossible.

But the folks at Oyster are fantastic, and couldn't be more tolerant or helpful.  They also now have quite a bit of my money :D.  The store is very heavy on dies, punches and embossing folders, with less emphasis on anything else.  They tend to keep to Tim holtz and ranger for inks/paints, and most of their non-die products are very on trend.  Currently taking up a good deal of space are the Wink of Stella brush markers and Pan Pastels.

Oyster also run one of the craft shows on my to-visit list - Sincerely Yours.

My visit culminated in a small haul:

I'm going to have fun playing around with those :)

Comments

Popular Posts